Edinburgh – cold but cool
Heading up north on the cusp of the winter months is a risky time (Scotland is known for its ability to have four seasons in one day), but if you’re happy to wrap up, Edinburgh is the perfect city to explore in November without the crowds.
If you know us, you’ll know that we pride ourselves in hunting down the best watering holes to stay warm in (all in the name of research…). Edinburgh is famed for its amazing bars, but these three nail it for different reasons:
- Panda and Sons a speakeasy covered up as a charming barbers shop. Enter through the bookcase in the basement and walk into a lively lounge-like room filled with panda themed artwork and some of the best cocktails in town.
- Bramble is a teeny, understated spot, with a menu of ever-changing drinks which are unbeatable (they have enough awards to prove it). Best for small groups, the bartenders will help you work out what you want, and we promise… you won’t be disappointed.
- Devil’s Advocate is tucked away a small alleyway, which must be checked out for many reasons, including their 400 strong whisky collection.
Instagram is our favourite tool for finding the best places in a new town or city (TripAdvisor who?!) and below are our favorite Edinburgh Instagrammers, perfect when you’re looking for inspo. WARNING; they will make you hungry!
- Eatinburgh pride themselves on ‘scoffing every crumb’ in the city – follow Charlotte and Pippa for the best dinner recommendations, coffees and sweet treats
- EdinfoodClub for highly calorific pictures that make you want to book a flight right away
- EdinEats for discovering the newest places for indulgent meals city wide
- Edinburgh Food Studio is a one of a kind, crowdfunded restaurant and food research hub in the aid of #keepingfoodinteresting, check them out
Whatever the occasion, or weather, Edinburgh hits the spot for us. Enjoy!